If you’ve read one of my blog posts before then you probably know that I do the double-cleanse, which is using an oil cleanser first to remove excess oil, sunscreen, or oil-based makeup, followed by water-based foam cleansing, which removes excess dirt and grime.
I like foam cleansing better because I simply like the spanking new feeling it gives my skin. It’s also the step where I take the opportunity to treat my face to a quick massage, just to help with blood circulation and brighten skin.
It just boils down to preference, but foam cleansing is not necessarily better or more effective than your gel, cream, or milk cleansers (like your favorite Cetaphil). I just like this the best because creating bubbles is so, so fun! I also feel like the bubbles prevents too much hand-to-face contact as I don’t have to apply to much hand force to spread the lather across my face.
Now, the question is, how much foam cleanser should you use? Alexis Diaz of the TheKlog.co says you only need a dime-sized amount. I actually think that you can use even less depending on your patience in creating foam. Totally up to you. Explore, test, and stick with the stuff that suits you best!
I’m currently using Perfect Whip by Shiseido – Senka (Senka is one of Shiseido’s drugstore brands, have you heard?) and it lathers so well that I only need a pea-sized amount to create a whip, so you can guess that the name says it all.
Shiseido – Senka Perfect Whip 120 grams
I’d recommend this cleanser because:
- It will last you a long time. You only need a small amount to create a creamy lather enough to make your skin squeaky clean, soft to the touch, and supple.
- Like its name, Perfect Whip, this is by far the best foaming cleanser I used. The lather it creates is very soft and luscious, just like whipped cream. I used foam cleansers before where lathering leaves my hands dry and sore afterwards. Perfect Whip doesn’t feel that way.
- It’s not only bubbly fun, it cleanses well. Unlike most cleansers, Perfect Whip doesn’t dry my skin at all and it looks bright afterwards.
- One of my favorite Korean actresses, Kim Seul Gi, uses this. Hee hee. I just feel like adding it here. Don’t buy products just out of marketing though!
Get It Beauty! with Kim Seul Gi
Not everything is perfect though, and I’m a bit disappointed that:
- It’s hard to find. Not yet available in stores here in the Philippines (or at least I think). You don’t see this product at mall and drugstores, you have to buy online. I had to buy mine from Lazada, but I saw that BeautyMNL.com. Sometimes, I just like to convenience of buying from a store whenever instead of waiting for your online order.
- Price-wise, I think it’s a bit expensive for a drugstore brand. I bought this from Lazada at Php 450.00 (~USD 9.00). I could buy almost two Herb Day Cleansers from The Face Shop at that price.
Will I purchase again? Probably in Hong Kong next month. I’m excited to see how the price compares against individual sellers here in the Philippines (Wala po sanang tagaan!).
Ranking it against my favorite cleansers, with one (1) being the highest:
- Laneige Multi-cleanser EX
- Shiseido – Senka Perfect Whip
- Innisfree Green Tea Foam Cleanser
- Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Cleansing Foam
- The Face Shop Acerola Herb Day Cleanser
- The Face Shop X Kakao Friends Moisturizing Foam Cleanser
Let’s create bubbles with Perfect Whip, let me show you how:
Music credits to: Kim EZ (Ggotjam Project) – Because of You ( 너 때문에 ) Introverted Boss OST (OST: Sensitive Boss, 2017)
Cheers to skincare goodness,
*Also published at The Sparkling Agasshi.